Saturday, April 28, 2012

Self Realization

"It is my biggest misfortune that I was born in Pakistan."
 I was shocked as I heard a doctor saying this.
"Then in which country on the earth would you have preffered to live on?" I asked, almost certain that he would not be able to answer me.
"Any country- except Pakistan." came his reply, again taking me aback.
Being the biggest patriot on Earth (or so i assume) I decided to dig into my friend's mind.
"So why do you think that Pakistan is not a good country to reside?" i asked, grinning.
"Because Pakistan has given me nothing."
"What YOU have ever given to Pakistan?-anything? right from your birth up till now?"
This is the final question that secures my victory while the opponent starts murmuring that now I am deviating from logic. In either case the truth remains same- glowing like a shining star - It is us, we the Pakistanis themselves, who are going to decide our future ... no outsider will come to guide us, or to reinforce us, or to support us. What we shall give to our motherland, our country- it will return us.
As a lifeline I often ask a question. "Isn't Pakistan like a motherland to us? And if it is would anybody abandon his/her mother if she gets ill or gets severely injured? would you prefer to die with your mother- in an attempt to save her- or you would flee?
The major problem lies in the fact that we are mentally slaves - and their is no slavery worse than the mental one because in it, there are absolutely no chances of improvement or betterment.
We always blame government for our bad fortune. But if we ponder, govt. has very little or nothing to do with what makes us so miserable. The govt. doesn't ask us to do dishonesty, to rob, to do corruption-- we by ourselves are through & through responsible for it. The day we realize the power of Moral values and the power of harmony, peace and unity, the day we will end this age of poverty and misery. But for that we'd have to think above our own priorities - we'd have to take charge of our own lives (before some1 else does).
The day we realize our potential, the day we are a superpower.

جب عشق سکھاتا ہے آداب  خود آگاہی 
کھلتے ہیں غلاموں پر اسرار ا شہن شاہی 

No comments:

Post a Comment